- The Granary was built in 1786 by the Dutch East India Company. This led to the opening up and expansion of the grain and wool trades. In 1949/50 a large warehouse was erected on the site by the “Suid Westelike Landbou Bpk.” And the 1787 granary was demolished. With the demolition of the warehouse in 1986 the original foundations of the granary were discovered and a replica of the 1786 building was then erected on them.
- It is now used as a the main entrance for the museum complex and educational centre.
- A live speciman table with examples of plants and flowers found in the Mossel Bay area on display in the granary.